Monday, August 29, 2011

He-Men: Real-life good guys: The Seeker

World, meet my lovely friend Oscar Gonzalez. I met him a little over three years ago as a new resident of my apartment complex. Once a month, when I'd drop off rent, we'd sit and chat about everything and anything. Out of that,  a friendship bloomed. I was intrigued by him--he was constantly trying to better himself; always going and doing. He took a year off to find himself--pushed himself to find his limits then pushed himself even farther. He's a good guy and will stop at nothing to find what he's looking for.


1. What is your story--a brief background of yourself?

I was born in Abilene, Tx. When I was 1, I was sent to Mexico to live with my grandparents till I was 8 years old. I was then brought to Dallas, Tx, where I lived my life with my mother and two older sisters. I didn't know my real dad till I was about 11 years old. I grew up in the church all my life and had lots of Christian mentors. I always wanted to be liked. I’m also tall dark and really cute LOL.


2. What/who motivates you daily?

God is my number one strength. Also, my sisters and my great and wonderful mother. Umm...working out too, it's funny that the littlest things can motivate me. 

3. What is your favorite childhood memory?

Mexico! Growing up there, I had my favorite memories as a young kid. Also, learning to make friends--I was a shy little boy. Don't tell anyone, but I prayed one day while I was outside and ask God to send me some friends..lol--I was new to the USA.


4. What is your biggest accomplishment?

I don't know. There are a lot of things that I find accomplished in my life: finishing high school, learning how to be on my own two feet without help, being a fighter no matter what, being great at my job, finding myself in SC, no babies yet, no jail time, not being dead…the list goes on. 


5. If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be?

El Che before Cuba. I'll get back to you on this. 

6. When was the last time you cried?

Last month. I broke down in front of Jeremy (my roommate/best friend). I’m a little hurt about my ex girlfriend, but I’m better no . I have my moments, but I get up again and fight. 

7. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

With a college degree, a wife and two kids. I see myself working with a church and really just trying to be a good husband and father.


8. What makes you unique?

I can’t explain it, but I can sense what the other person is feeling, I can identify well with others. I truly and honestly wear my heart on my sleeve. I’ve been told I motivate people. What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment