Friday, August 12, 2011

Girl time

Sometimes a girl just needs to spend time with her lady friends. For the last few years, I've had little time to make friends. And since I can't hangout with anyone from work, friends are hard to come by. Thankfully, I have an awesome younger sister who also has an awesome roommate for the summer.

So after not seeing my sister in ages, I had to take a mini vacay to the little, big city of Mansfield, TX to visit these lovely ladies. I left tuesday after work, and after three hours and several creepy backroads, I got to the Barth's at 11pm. Though I'd been up since 7am, Melisa, Whitney and I stayed up till 3am chatting away. It was much needed laughs and chats. But as awesome as hanging out was, after a 20 hour day, sleep was much needed too. I slept in till 12pm. I felt bad for sleeping the day away, but it felt so good.

Wednesday, after several outfit changes and having my sister do my makeup, we set out to have lunch with my sister's mr. Lunch was at Palio's, a tasty pizza cafe that ended up giving me the wrong meal, but I ate it willingly and unknowingly.

The afternoon was spent cleaning and organizing. Yes, this is a task that sounds strange to do on a day off  and for a new friend, but it was completely my pleasure. Organizing is something that makes my heart smile anyway, but there was a huge (rather unneeded) perk to helping Whitney organize: she gave me and my mr several bottles of perfumes and colognes that I would have never dreamt of owning.

Whitney is in the fragrance business and promotes names like Gucci, Dolce and Gabbana and Lacoste. She'd just received a fairly large shipment, and we helped her organize the bottles and several large boxes of other goodies. It was an enjoyable time and made even better with the Justin Bieber movie playing in the background and ice chai teas.

During the evening, Melisa, Whitney, her family and I went to wednesday night worship service and their church, Life Church. It'd been a very long time since I went to a prayer service, so it felt really good to take time out of the day to be thankful and pray for others.

After service, we were all starving. A group of church friends stopped off to get fajitas, queso and chips and brought it back to Whitney's place. Oh man, how I love fellowship and food. Their friends were all such sweet people--and the food was delish. The ten of us chatted till 11ish. After they all left, and the kids were put to bed, Melisa, Whitney and I stayed up till 3am watching Todlers and Tiaras and eating ice cream.

This vacay was super awesome and was everything I needed to make it through the very chaotic week I'm expecting next week at work (tax-free weekend). Plus, I'm happy I made new friends.

Love and light.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment