Saturday, August 6, 2011

Project 334: July wrap-up

I can't believe it's already August! Seriously, was I the only one that felt like July flew by? Maybe it was all the fun I had this month. I guess the saying is true then: time flies when you're having fun. So now, let's say a long overdue goodbye to July.

Friday the 22nd, I was greeted at work with this lovely package--candy, chips and other tasty treats. My store was rewarded for being the store with the highest percent of jean sales in our region. What, what!

Saturday after work, my mr took me out to dinner at Chuy's for a little pre-celebrating our 3 year anniversary. He knows what I like--queso and margaritas!

The 24th was mine and my mr's 3 year anniversary. We celebrated the occasion at Six Flags over Texas. Felt like a kid again, then the heat hit and the 5 hours of walking in it. Not as young as we used to be, but awesome nonetheless.

I was so worn out on Monday, but still made it through work. For a boost of energy, I brought a bushel of vegetables and made myself a tasty dinner. I love eating colorful.

Still had a bunch of vegetables left on Tuesday the 26th, so I made an awesome quesadilla--lime soaked red onions, sliced tomatoes, cilantro and munster cheese. Nom nom.

I went to the dentist on the 27th. I've always loved going to the dentist, but I love it even more because my dentist is the shiz. The office is in the middle of tons of green, deer and squirrels are everywhere, the chairs are massaging chairs, peaceful sea life floats in front of me on plasma screens as my mouth is being cleaned, and the best part is Dr Bell loves to remind me I have an awesome smile.

I enjoy being a bum when I have free time. On Thursday, the mr, Reni and I piled on each other and were lazy till I had to go to work. A unit that's lazy together, stays together.

The 29th was a great day at work. It was busy and business was booming. I was feeling good, and at the end of the night I took a break from my manager duties to fold a perfect stack of polos.

After work on Saturday, the mr and I went to a friend's house to bid farewell to the mr's bff, who was moving to Michigan. We stopped off at a convenient store to get drinks, and I found this: NM beer in Austin. It made my night and made me miss home a bit.

I ended the month badly. Phil thought I was hungover, but I'd never felt the way I did on the 31st. I wasn't able to hold ANYTHING down all day. I had no energy or desire to move. It was a miserable day. Came close to going to the emergency care, but finally around 11pm, I was able to hold gatorade down. Thankfully.

Aside for the last day, I loved my July. It was filled with great people, good food and memorable events. I hope you had a great month and a good first week of August.

Love and light.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment