Tuesday, August 16, 2011

He-Men: Real-life good guys: The Scholar

Everyone, I want to meet Mr John Litzler. John is my mr's big brother., and was the first family member that he introduced me to. Aside from his new wife, school seemed to be John's main priority. He just recently got his law degree from Baylor University, and last week took his bar exam to practice law. He's a good guy, he's a smart guy, he's one of a kind.

1. What is your story--a brief background of yourself?
A Texan, born and raised, I grew up in a small town named Sulphur Springs. I have two wonderful parents and an awesome brother. Growing up I loved soccer, band, and video games. I was always near the top of my class but never an outstanding student.  I came to know Christ as my savior when I was in the 4th grade and that has pretty much shaped who I am ever since. Ready to shake the dust of a small town off my feet I moved to Austin to attend UT (then the nation’s largest university) and I hope to return someday with Stefanie.


2. What/who motivates you daily?
I am motivated by my faith and by my wonderful wife, Stefanie. God motivates me to show the world His love in everything I do.  Stefanie motivates me with her encouragement and love. Also, I want her to have the world. I’ve always struggled with laziness, but the harder I work the more I can provide for her. I want to remove any obstacle that stands between her and her dreams, and that provides more than enough motivation. 


3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
When my brother, Phillip, and I were kids we wanted a cat so badly. I’ll never forget the Christmas morning we woke up to the sounds of a beautiful mewing kitty. 

4. What is your biggest accomplishment?
I think my greatest accomplishment is convincing my wife, Stefanie, to marry me.


5. If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be?
Interesting question; normally people want to know who you’d have dinner with but not if you’d like to be that person. I suppose if I only had one day I would want to be the President of the U.S. I would see the office and the country in a whole new way for the rest of my life I’m sure.

6. When was the last time you cried?
ESPN does a documentary called “30 for 30”. One of the documentaries is called “The Fab 5”. It’s about 5 freshmen basketball players at the University of Michigan that changed the sport forever. In an infamous play the team’s best player, Chris Webber, attempted to call a time out when they had none left. It cost his team the championship game. He was heartbroken and was terribly sad. I cried.

7. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully as a gainfully employed judge. I am excited to practice law, but would love to be a member of a community. I want to get involved with a Texas community and church..

 
8. What makes you unique?
It’s difficult to say. I like to be a jack of all trades. I try to relate to people where they are and as a result I learn a little bit about everything and try most things as well. The older I get the more I hope to learn about more subcultures so that I can speak intelligently to people about their interests regardless of what they are. 

1 comment:

  1. I knew John in college! That's crazy. Such a small world!

    I have a fun giveaway going on for a
    $10 credit to my etsy shop. You should come by and enter!
    http://samandlaurenbattershell.blogspot.com/2011/08/something-lovely-in-crazy.html

    ReplyDelete