Monday, August 22, 2011

He-Men: Real-life good guys: The Dreamer

World, I am proud to introduce to you my big brother, Michael Holguin. He’s three years older than me, so growing up, we were pretty close. We shared everything from games to friends to rooms. He was there for me, and without even trying, he became my role model growing up. He dreamed big, and accomplished whatever he set his mind to. He has a spark to him, and when it’s ignited by even the slightest interest, he’ll stop at nothing till he succeeds in it. He’s a good guy, he’s a hard worker, and I love him.

1. What is your story--a brief background of yourself?
    My name is Michael Holguin, I'm 30 years old. I went to school to study trumpet and music business, did that for about 4 years, then decided that wasn't for me. I then pursued my dream to be in a band, and formed No Regrets, a ska reggae band, which was around for about 4 years. During that time, I realized I had a  passion for recording, so I went to audio recording school. I received my audio engineering certificate in 2007, and worked at a recording studio in Los Angeles for about two years. During the two years, I started fooling around with video editing, which sparked my long-time dream of one day doing something with film. So, with my audio background and new found passion for film, I am now back in my home state of New Mexico, with plans to attend film school in hopes of combining my two passions, music and film, to do something amazing!


2. What/who motivates you daily?
    Noosheen, the love of my life, is honestly the first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning (or afternoon). She gives me the motivation to want to do something more and better myself, even though sometimes I might lack the self-motivation. I might have far fetched dreams of becoming a huge film maker or music producer, which to me sometimes seems unachievable, but she always helps me to realize that it's very possible.


3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
    I don't know if it's my favorite childhood memory, but I always think of growing up in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, because it was the time when my whole family was complete. My two sisters and me, my mother and my father. We were young, and it wasn't always happy times but, for the most part,  it was fun. There were of course, other times in my childhood that I enjoyed, but a solid family is always a good time.


4. What is your biggest accomplishment?
    I've had a few times that I felt that "this is a good moment". There's no better time than when you tell someone that you love them for the first time, and they say it back.....that was awesome. Besides that, I think winning a battle of the bands with No Regrets was pretty epic for me, and producing an actual album. Graduating from recording school, standing on the red carpet interviewing big names, and filming our first movie follow those.


5. If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be?
    I don't think I'd like to be anyone else for a day, but I could definitely name a few people I'd hang out with for a day. The list would be too long

6. When was the last time you cried?
    I have to be honest.....I am a cry baby. There are so many things that stir me up, from movies to music. To be specific, the trailer for the upcoming movie "Life in a Day" was the last time I cried. I'm not afraid to admit it by the way.

7. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
     My previous life experience has led me in so many different directions, it's really hard to say. I'm at a point in my life where I would like stability, a wife, and a family. I think I'm done with the whole "rockstar" dream, but I definitely want to pursue the film thing, which might be just as bad, but we'll see.  In 10 years though, I'd hope to have a stable job, be married and have at least two kids : )


8. What makes you unique? 
    I'm honestly not a big fan of this question. I'm very shy and I tend to keep to myself, so I wouldn't know exactly what separates me from other people. I tend to try to fit in, so being unique is not in my best interest. If it happens, then so be it. You tell me?


1 comment: