Sunday, August 14, 2011

August Project 334

I can't believe we're already two weeks into August. Here's a catch up on what's been going on in my life.

Monday the 1st, I had to take a sick day from work. Whatever bug I caught in July left me feeling icky. The recovery day was spend on the couch watching tv with the mr and playing on our laptops. I couldn't think of a better way to recover.

Well into Shark Week by the 2nd, I remembered Phil had the perfect shirt to sport. We became addicted to all the shark week shows and it became routine to come home from work and watch some sharks.

After a couple month of being in Texas, my bff, Julie Farnsworth, finally came to visit me on the 3rd. She got to Austin at 6pm and we made our way to enjoy some live music and the crazy heat at Blues on the Green. Pretty sure we talked nonstop--we had lots to catch up on.


At 12am on the 4th, Julie and I found ourselves at Trudy's where we closed down the place at 2am. The salsa and chips were flowing along with the conversation, so there was no reason to leave sooner.

I worked the closing shift on Friday and after all the running around, heat and sicknesses, all I wanted to do was relax and unwind. Madison is my number one partner during those times. She makes any spot she lays in look so comfortable.

On Saturday the 6th, I came home to Tibs making squeaking noises. I'd heard him do it before, but I didn't think anything of it. Phil googled it and we figured he might have a respiratory problem. Too late in the day to buy a heat lamp, we moved his home to the spare bedroom to get more sun exposure and warmed his water. He welcomed the change.

I worked on Sunday the 7th so I could let my management team enjoy a work event in San Antonio. I got up a bit late and didn't have time to make myself lunch--that and the lack of groceries in the fridge. I was persuaded to have Pei Wei for lunch instead. Best part about eating Asian: using chopsticks.

So there you have it. Friends, food and Phillip consumed my week. As always, I hope you're weeks are being enjoyed with smiles and tons of tasty eats.

Love and light.
Adrienne


No comments:

Post a Comment