Sunday, May 8, 2011

Adios April!

Here's to the end of April. It came and left in the blink of an eye. Here's a look at my last week of April for my Project 334.

April 24th was Easter Sunday. It was a beautiful day filled with tons of joy and happiness. I went to church with the lovely Jesse. Service was held at the Frank Erwin Center, and boy did the Austin Stone pack the house. As always, Matt Carter, wowed me with an awesome sermon. It was titled 'Breakfast on the beach with Jesus.' I loved that he gave the typical easter sunday resurrection sermon, and on top of that reminded us of God's unbelievable love for us, even when we betray him--like Paul did the day Jesus was crucified. After Jesus was resurrected he went to Paul, and rather than being upset that Paul denied knowing him, Jesus cooked him and the other apostles breakfast. Such an awesome display of God's love.

Monday the 25th was just another day at work, but the coolest thing ever happened: our store stereo system stopped working. We were unable to listen to the store's season soundtrack--the same 12-15 songs every hour. Instead we got to pick from a variety of great cds we sell at the store. Mumford & Sons, Ke$ha, Jack Johnson and Florence and the Machine were on our new playlist for that day. Everyone had a super enjoyable day.

Tuesday's Glee night! Ugh, and how I love Glee. The mr and I vegged out after work. We ordered pizza and a personal pasta bowl each {and of course, no dinner can be complete without a glass/bottle of wine}.

Wednesday the 27th was my day off. I had an urge to be super girly. After having slept in and busting my rear at the gym, I stopped off at Walgreens to look at nail polish. I think I spent at least 30 minutes debating on a color. I settled on Revlon's 'mad about mango' scented polish and Sally Hansen's 'bubblegum pink' polish. I also rented a sappy chick flick.

Back to work on Thursday, but right off the bat I had a sweet little surprise--actually rather large surprise. My assistant told me about these giant mangos that she bought at the store. I love fruits and since she was going on vacation she brought me a mango to enjoy while she was gone. I didn't believe they were as big as she said, but she obviously wasn't fibbing.

On Friday the 29th, my older brother found a new app on his iPhone. He kept sending the cutest arrangement of photos to me while I was at work. It made my night go by quicker. There was one with him as a little boy, another of my sweet grandmother who he got to visit that weekend and my favorite was of my beautiful momma and her cute little puppy, Molly Anne. They look so fancy!

The last day of April has to be one of my favorites now. Saturday was the Spring Fest at the mall I work at. It's an outdoor mall and they're always doing fun Austiny things to bring people in. There were tons of kiosks in the middle of our street, selling everything from clothes to lawn chairs. During my break I saw several people with tiny baby turtles. After much discussing with my associates, I decided I needed to have one of my own. I found the kiosk after work and bought my very own asian red eared turtle. Since I wasn't entirely sure if it was a boy or a girl, I chose to make it a boy. His name is Tiberious, or Tibs or Tibbers for short. He's adorable!! You'll definitely being seeing more of him soon.

April was fun, but I'm way more excited for what May has in store. Summer weather is on it's way which means summer activities are just as close. Hope your April was beautiful and full of fun stories!

Love and light.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment