Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mid April

Project 334, it wasn't the most exciting week--lots of food was had though. Here's a look at the week:

Saturday the 16th I had a hankering for some tasty, healthy food. During my lunch break, I stopped at HEB for a yummy egg salad sandwich and a spinach, pine nut and bean salad. All this was enjoyed at B&N while indulging in a wonderfully interesting book. Time well spent.

Phil and I have decided that Cheddar's is our new favorite beverage spot. Not only does it have delicious, cheap drinks, it has tasty food. Funny story about our visit on the 17th: Phil ordered a monte cristo sandwich. The server dropped one of the four pieces. She brought him an entire new order. The mr definitely looked like a hungry man with seven pieces of sandwiches on his plate that night.

Monday the 18th was such a beautiful day. I took advantage of the weather by having my lunch break outside and sitting on the porch when I got home from work. I love being outdoors.

Tuesday was fun. Just another day at work, but it was the evening that made it lovely. The mr and I had a sweet tooth after dinner. We almost made a trip to Hey Cupcake!, but found some sugar cookie mix in the pantry. Being as awesome as I am, I thought it'd be a great idea to put chocolate in the middle to add an extra sweetness. Oh man, were they tasty. We both got bellyaches from eating too many.

Wednesday, as always, was spent at the gym. I did 14 miles on the stationary bike and a half an hour of weights, but the best part of the workout was seeing this guy! Tattooed from neck to toe and probably somewhere in his 80's, this handsome gentleman spent a great deal of time moving and shaking on the machines. I hope to be like him when I'm older (maybe with a little less body art though).

I really disliked this situation, let alone just taking this photo. I got home from work Thursday night to an empty apartment. The mr was out.  I was in the process of getting comfy when the biggest, ugliest roach ran across my living room floor. Naturally, I screamed loud enough to wake the neighbors. Once I gathered the courage, I tried hitting it as hard as I could with a newspaper. I only turned it upside down, where he proceeded to wiggle under an extra bookshelf. That was when I slammed the shelf down. This was the outcome. Adios roach!

On the 22nd, I found this sweet little note written on the top shelf of my stockroom bays. One of my favorite employees left for school at the beginning of the year, and I just now found his note to the store. Though it was technically vandalism, it was a nice gesture.

Saturday the 23rd was crazy busy at work. It was holy weekend and we did $5500 in sales (big news for our store). To keep up with the energy of the customers and keep my associates' energy up, I was forced to get a sugar high with this delicious double chocolate cookie and hazelnut coffee from Panera. It was a tough job, but someone had to do it.

There's a look at my week. I think I gained weigh from all the sugar and food I ate, but it's always nice to indulge. How've you indulged lately?

Love and light.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment