Sunday, April 10, 2011

April: nothing to write home about.

April has not been the most exciting month so far. Maybe my life needed some slowing down to make up for the awesomeness that was March. Either way, it calls for lack of blogs and exciting photography. I tried my best to bring my A game though.

(1st) The first was a beautiful day! First time this year the sun and the weather were being friends. I took this as an opportunity to lay out and get some color before work. It was the first time I went to my pool too. Friday was the preparation day of our new summer collection at work, so it was a great way to unwind before getting caught up in that hectic atmosphere.


(2nd) It was Phil's birthday weekend. A group of us went to dinner at Chuy's Saturday night to celebrate.  We all partook in a couple delicious margaritas during dinner. I cut myself off to let the guys celebrate longer. They took a seat at the bar after dinner to have a couple more drinks. The waitress came over and asked our drink order, when I asked for water her response was "aww, are you not 21 yet?" After a good laugh from everyone I let her know that adults are responsible about drinking and these boys needed a safe ride home. I think we embarrassed her.

(3rd) The mr's birthday! Sundays tend to be lazy days for us, but I truly can't remember the last time I spent a day with no plan at all. We went with the flow all day, and for some reason it felt like I was back in high school--which was probably the last time I didn't have a care in the world. Phil wanted lunch at Cheddar's, though against it at first, I found out why when I saw their $3 sweet tea margaritas. After lunch we went to his friends' house where I napped for an hour while they played video games. The four of us picked up another friend and had an early dinner at Dog Almighty. Went back to our friends' place for a couple hours and ended the night with a stop at Yo-Way frozen yogurt. Laziest day ever, but I'm pretty sure the mr had a great bday.

(4th) Monday was the second day of the store's new floorset. The first day didn't go so hot, so we spent the day trying to recover and continue. On top of that, the store was busy, tons of paper work to do and prep for the following day needed to happen. I closed and stayed extra. The hardest part was that I had to open the next day at 7am. I ended the day knowing things weren't completed. I did my best to unwind when I got home at 12am.

(5th) Tuesday I worked 7am-6pm. Long, busy day. Sometimes it's nice leaving work feeling exhausted, it gives me a sense of accomplishment for some reason. Well, I was feeling super accomplished that day. On top of the new floorset, I also had a review with my district manager. We pretty much agreed on the same areas where I was excelling and lacking. It's always nice to hear it from someone else though. When I got home, I was too pooped to pet the cats. Reni must have been freaked out by that, because she lurked around corners checking on me.

(6th) I had the day off and did my best to sleep in. Went to the gym once I finally got up, and laid out by the pool afterwards. It was a relaxing day. The mr and I made a pan (yes a pan) of nachos for dinner, and ate the whole thing. Just as I was settling in for the night, one of my bffs text me to kindly remind me Lady Gaga was in town and insisted that we go out in celebration. It took some convincing, but I ended up downtown with him in hopes of seeing Gaga. We, and everyone else at the bars we went to, were dressed very 'gaga-esque'. Though we didn't run into her, we had a blast.

(7th) Another fun day at work. Lots to do and tons of customers to please. Knowing this, before work, I did my best to lounge. I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning, though my cat did everything she could think of to get me to move. She was so stressed out that I wasn't paying attention to her, she seemed to have lost her mind. She got herself tangled in the blinds and seemed startled that I would reprimand her for it. She was too cute to be mad at though.

It wasn't a bad week by any means. A lot of relaxing and stressing rolled into each day. I'm okay with it though. It keeps me strong.

I hope everyone is having a happy April and enjoying the extra hour of daylight!
Love and light
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment