Sunday, May 22, 2011

May's making me smile

So far, May has proven to be a great month. The third week has brought a ton of smiles to my face. Here's a look at what my week was filled with:

Typically, I don't work Sundays, but on the 15th, we had inventory at the store. I went into work at 3pm. After setting up the stockroom for the inventory all the employees began standing around waiting for their next task. That's when we all realized we were in the same shirt! We had to pose for a photo.

Since I worked till 2am, I had the rest of Monday off. I was feeling super healthy after spending a few hours at the gym, and stopped at the grocery store and bought all my favorite vegetables. I chopped them all up when I got home, and made a super tasty jasmine rice and veggie stir fry. I love colorful meals.

Last week, when Jesse stayed over, we bought tickets to a concert in San Antonio to one of our favorite bands, Jack's Mannequin. I got the tickets in the the mail on Tuesday. I'm super excited for the show, but it's not until July.


I had Wednesday the 18th off. It was a relaxing day, and I had things to do. Next week, we're going to Phil's brother's wedding in Houston and I needed a dress. My dress go to shop is Forever21. I tried on several dresses, and found the perfect dress. I also got a super cute mint green necklace and the adorable ring that caught my eye last week.

On Thursday, after work, I cleaned my apartment in preparation for my sister and mother coming to visit for the weekend. I decided to clear out our second room to give some personal space for my mom and stepdad to stay in. I ended up moving my bookcase into the bedroom. I loved the decision! It made the room so cozy.

My sister got to Austin Friday morning. She got here early so that she and I could fit in a photo shoot before I had to go to work. Lis needed photos of me for her blog. She's doing a series of inspiring women. She sent me a look at what the posting will look like. I'm excited!

Mom and Max got to Austin on the 21st shortly after I got out of work. We all sat and watched tv to unwind for a couple hours. For dinner, everyone wanted to eat at Salt Lick, a well known restaurant famous for their meat. Luckily they had a veggie plate that was equally as delicious. We all ate till we could eat no more--but somehow we managed to fit ice cream in our bellies too before heading home.

It's been a really great week. I'm also really looking forward for the week to come. Mom and Max are staying till Friday and next weekend is Phil's brother's wedding. Tons of photo ops!

Hope you're all having a great week too!
Love and light.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment