Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hola Mayo ;)

It's May! And we all know May brings flowers (since April brought showers). The month is off to a good start too. Here's my first week of May for Project 334.

Sunday the 1st was my day off. The mr and I slept in as usual. We finally got up around 12, and lounged around the living room for another hour or so. The only reason we started getting ready was because we were hungry and had no food in the fridge to eat. We chose Kerby Lane for some breakfast food, and I found my new favorite meal. Tofu scrambler with soy-sage and apple wheat pancakes. It was a party in my mouth.

Monday's weather came out of nowhere. It was 40 degrees in Austin! While I made a very cold drive to work, the mr got to snuggle with the cats. In an attempt to make me jealous, he sent me this sweet photo of Reni curled up under a blanket. And yes, it did make me very jealous.

On Tuesday, as usual, I brought my lunch to work. I brought hummus and a box of Triscuits. Much to my surprise, I noticed they now give dill seeds in each box of Triscuits! I love plants, and growing plants. Plus, dill is yummy and can be used when cooking delicious dishes. It was a pleasant pick me up to my day.

I had to work Wednesday afternoon because one of my assistants needed the day off, but before I went into work, the mr and I made super tasty banana pancakes for breakfast. With my belly full of pancakes, I was able to work diligently throughout my would be day off. It was an awesome start to my day!

Cinco de Mayo--or May 5th to some of you, was a pleasant day. I had the day off and was a lazy bum most of the day. Half way through the day, I finally got ready, and made a quick stop to the mall. I was in a shopping mood. I bought some pretty smelling body sprays at Bath and Body and also got some mother's day cards. In celebration of Mexico dominating France, the mr and our friends had dinner at Maudie's and indulged in jumbo sized margaritas. Sleeping, shopping and margaritas: my kind of day off.

On friday the 6th, I worked 1-10pm. What should've been a morning of me sleeping in ended very abruptly when a moving van woke me up at 8am when it got stuck on the curb right outside my bedroom window. Thanks new neighbors.

Saturday was lovely. It was a busy day at work and business was great. To kind of celebrate a week of great work and great business, I spoiled myself with a little shopping. I meant to just get some lipgloss, but left with a beautiful new Fossil wallet! I L-O-V-E Fossil! I have a soft spot for their gorgeous leather. The cherry on the top is that the wallet is a pretty Tiffany's blue. It's fun being a girl.

How was your first week of May? Do anything awesome to celebrate Cinco de Mayo? Let me know!

Love and light.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment