Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May week 2--Project 334

May 8th wasn't just mother's day, it was my good friend, Kyle's, bday. Kyle's roommate, my mr, and I took him to Cheddar's for a tasty meal and giant texas sweet teas. After an hour of napping and a couple hours at the gym, I bought cupcakes to celebrate. It was a big hit! Who knew boys liked cupcakes so much.

Monday the 9th I got home from work to a pleasant surprise. The mr got a 30 gallon terrarium from a friend and bought tank gravel and a fish tank rock for Tibbers. We noticed he really liked swimming, so we got him more room. I'm pretty sure Tibs is happy with all his extra space.


At work, we have live shots of the north and south view of Huntington beach pier. I've always wanted to have someone I know go to the pier and wave hi to the cameras. One of the other stores beat me to it. A couple of employees from store #640 held up a sign that said "what's up." It was fun to see it!

Wednesday was the start of my 4 day vacation. The 11th was girls day. My bff Jesse came to visit from Killeen. First thing on our list was to get Jesse a tattoo. Not "girly," but awesome nonetheless. We made stuffed bell peppers for dinner, had fondue for dessert, painted our nails, went to the spa, and watched chick flicks. Super awesome day!

Before Jesse left on Thursday, we went to Mozart's for a coffee by the lake. We could spend hours hanging out at Mozart's, but we only chatted for an hour before she headed back to Killeen. I spent the rest of the day laying out and being lazy. Day well spent.

I spent Friday the 13th with my mr. We hadn't had a date night in so long. We switched it up and spent the whole day together. We had happy hour at Serrano's. Being the nice guy he is, Phil came with me to the mall to buy some makeup--granted he did stay in the car while I shopped. Afterwards we did a double feature at the movies. We watched Priest 3D (pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it) and wrapped up the night with Bridesmaids (I'm still laughing at how hilarious that movie was). Such a great night!

On Saturday the 14th my friends, Oscar, who I hadn't seen in a year and a half called me up letting me know he moved back to Austin. I was on my way to the gym so he and his roomie joined in an intense workout. I'm still sore from the weight lifting, but it felt good. We went to Wahoo's for lunch on Congress. I made the suggestion of walking to get ice cream a couple blocks down. It was delicious but after an intense workout, a big meal and in the blazing sun, it was rough on the belly. As we strolled with our cones in hand we came across a sight only seen in Austin. A lady playing her harp. Keepin Austin weird.

How was your second week of May? Have you had a chance to relax and get some sun?

Love and light.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment