Sunday, November 6, 2011

Another month passed by: Project 334

Where does the time go? Honestly, I felt like it was just the other day I was excited for October to start and now here we are almost a week into November.

My October finished up quite interestingly. It definitely didn't go as planned, but nothing ever does. I've been learning to go with the flow. Here's what the month looked like.

October 15th: It's a new season at work, which means new clothes! This season brought in lots and lots of plaid. I always feel like a lumberjack in my red plaid, but tis the season.

October 16th: I went into work on Sunday before we opened and had a little photo shoot with some of my employees. They all had a good time being super cute.

October 17th: The weather had been so awesome. I was super excited to get out of my store during my lunch break and eat outside by the fountain. I could've easily taken a nap.

October 18th: My mama came to visit me! Actually, she came with my stepdad for a business conference, but it still brought her to me. Every time my mom visits she comes bearing gifts. She brought tasty green chili and a 6.5lb brick of cheese. I was in heaven.

October 19th: Wednesday was a wonderful day. My mama and I spent the day together. We got a mani/pedi, had lunch, and did some shopping. It was relaxing and great getting to spend time with my mom.

October 20th: The mr and I went to a Jack's Mannequin concert with our friends Cade and Michelle. It was a blast! Motion City Soundtrack opened for them. I didn't realize how many songs I knew of theirs. Good times.

October 21st: Horrible, long day. I worked way too long, and on my way back home at 11ish, I got pulled over for speeding. I felt like crying, but had my mama waiting at my apartment with a glass of wine and my sweet kitties to love on.

October 22nd: Way better day than the day before. Work was long, but I came home to my newest Ebay winning: a Kate Spade purse. She's so pretty!

October 23rd: Another awesome day off. Mama and I spent the day together again. We went to church, went to see Footloose and had a home-cooked lunch. She and I also went to the vineyard I'm a member of and had a glass of wine while overlooking the vineyard.

October 24th: Monday was the first time in awhile that I had the apartment to myself. The mr went to his friends' to watch football and I relaxed with my girls. I felt so good.

October 25th: Tuesday was a wonderful day. Right after work, I drove the 2.5 hours to Houston for a family reunion with my siblings and Dad and Donna (for my dad's bday). After dinner and great conversation, Donna had me try on her old dresses from the 70's. They fit like a glove and I fell in love with them. I'm now the owner of 7 lovely vintage dresses.

October 26th: An eventful and awesome day. Dad, brother and I had lunch at Phoenicia with awesome conversation. On our way to pick my sis up from the airport we got a blowout on an overpass on the highway. It was an ordeal, but got it fixed. We rushed home afterwards and got dressed for a family photo (hadn't done one since high school). After photos we had the most delicious dinner at Brennan's in downtown Houston. It was perfect. Sadly, I had to drive home afterwards for work the next day. Such a perfect day.

October 27th: I got home from Houston at 1am and went straight to bed. 2am, I'm woken up from this unbelievable urge to scratch myself all over. I'm covered from head to toe in welts and hives and they get worse as I shout for my mr. He drives me to the ER where I'm given a steroid shot and a high dose of antihistamine. The welts go down pretty quickly, but I'm kept there til 5am for observation. It was scary, but I survived and think perhaps I'm allergic to something I ate at dinner.

October 28th: I spent the day recovering. I was so worn out from all the recent events. My day was picked up when I received three packages! They were each Ebay winnings--two Coach purses and one Kate Spade.

October 29th: My mr had been lending his bed, couch and desk to his buddies. They were in the process of moving to a new place, where the furniture was no longer needed. We ended up getting rid of our oldest couch to make room and putting the bed and desk in the study. It set up quite nicely, and the girls liked it too.

October 30th: My pretty little friend, Jesse, came to visit for the weekend. She and I woke up early, made brunch, went to church and relaxed at Mozarts with a cup of cider and chocolate brownie.

October 31st: I love halloween! But this is the first year that I didn't partake in the festivities. Instead, the mr took me on a date. We had a tasty dinner at Cheddars and went to the movies to watch Paranormal Activity 3. It was a great relaxing night...I'm getting old.

So there you have it, the wrap up of my October. How was your month? Do anything exciting for Halloween? Have any hospital visits? I'd love to know!

Love and light,
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment