Sunday, November 27, 2011

My rushed Thanksgiving

Wednesday through Saturday were all just one long day for me. That's how I expect most of the holiday weeks to go.

I got done with work on Wednesday at 8pm. I should've gone straight to sleep, but stayed up till midnight. The mr and I woke up at 4am so we could make the three hour drive to DFW. His family was meeting at his aunt's house for Thanksgiving.

We were the first ones there, and though the mr kept hounding me to take a nap, I couldn't rest with so much family and fun going on. We had a delicious late lunch. I even went back for seconds. It was time well spent, but short lived. We left DFW around 7pm and headed back for Austin. I took a 30 minute nap on the way back.

We got home at 10pm; right about the time I needed to start getting ready for work. I was scheduled at 11pm along with nine other associates so we could open the store at midnight. It was surprisingly busy for a good two hours. around 3am everything died. It didn't help that we were the only store open for five hours. But everyone had fun, including our greeters who were posing for photos in the 65 degree weather.

I was done with work at 9am, but instead of sleeping, I went shopping for my cats at Petsmart--the deal I got on their cat tree was insane. Also shopped for the mr and family. I got great black friday deals, so it was worth it. I did end up taking a four hour nap when I got done. It was a short nap because my sister came to visit me for the weekend.

We did more shopping when she got here, and I finally ended my night at 11pm, only to wake up at 7am for another long 9 hour day at work. It's hard to remember when one day ended and the next began. But so much fun, family and thankfulness was crammed into those 72 hours, it was all worth the lack of sleep.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and found the many things to be thankful for.

Love and light.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment