Friday, November 11, 2011

My book of Job

Are you familiar with the book of Job from the bible? Basically, Job's faith is tested at the hands of Satan. This is the second time I've gone through a Job-like experience since living in Austin--and it probably won't be the last. I actually take a bit of comfort in it.

It all started on October 27th, when welts and difficulty breathing sent me to the ER at 2am. Apparently, I had an allergic reaction to something--probably fish. It was taken care of quickly, but things just kept on happening.

Next, after a quick visit to auto shop to fix my headlight and check my tire pressure, I get a flat tire less than an hour later. Fixed it with a can of fix-a-flat. Turned out it voided my warranty on my tire. I had to buy a new tire.

Two days later my car battery dies. Luckily, my mr is around to drive me to and from work. Took a few days to get the money, but finally got a new battery after four days of driving on a dying battery.

ER bill, tire bill, battery bill. Not a good way to start the holiday season. I admit, I got a little stressed, but as always God showed me what I was missing.

Just like in the book of Job, God was there to help me bounce right back.

Wednesday, I found out I got my electric deposit back, and now I have a credit that will cover about three months worth of my electric bill. This lovely savings helped me pay for my car battery. That alone was enough to help me remember He's always there no matter what difficulties I'm going through--the reason why I find comfort in times like this.

Love and light.
Adrienne

3 comments:

  1. Adorable. Your blog is adorable and your spirit is beautiful. The book of Job is one of the most challenging passages in Scripture I think. I love how you used it to show the positive in your situation! Very cool!
    - newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweet girl. I was sent over here by your sister's blog, Pie N the Sky.
    I am also an optimist at heart, so I loved what you had to say over there.
    Especially what you had to say about thanksgiving! So very true how much it changes a situation. God has been laying that on my heart recently, actually.
    {You can see my post about it here: http://livelylittlemiss.blogspot.com/2011/11/attitude-of-gratitude.html}

    xo- Little Miss

    ReplyDelete