Sunday, March 6, 2011

Last week of being 26

I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of dreading it. I know it's not a bad age, but I'm going to officially be in my "late 20's." That's a big step in life, right!? So I'm going out with a bang. I've taken the whole week to really celebrate the last year of my "mid 20's."

On the 1st of March, my mr took me on a fantastic date night. After work, we went to Dog Almighty--I love their veggie dogs and veggie chili. So delish! Dinner was followed by a concert of one of my favorite artists, Rocky Votolato, at Stubb's. It was such an awesome show.

Rocky is an incredible artist. He plays the harmonica like it's an extra appendage. The opener was a really great band, too, Matt Pond. I loved them because not only was the music great, they also had a cello in their music. I love cellos. It's such a dramatic and powerful instrument. The whole show was super, but was somewhat disturbed by a couple of crazy drunk girls who thought it would be a good idea to shout the words to every song and "woo!" at any possible opportunity. Things totally evened out though. After the show, Rocky did a meet and greet with all his fans. I bought a shirt so he could sign it, and took a super cute photo together. I love concerts.

On Wednesday, I went shopping with my handsome friend, Boomer. He helped me pick out outfits for my birthday dinner on Thursday. We spent a couple hours at Forever21 and a short detour at Zara, which is one of my new favorite stores now. For some reason I always seemed to pick out the most expensive items there. Apparently, I have expensive taste now. I guess it comes with old age--that's what I'm telling myself (I'll look at it as a perk of getting old). Regardless of that, I found some great deals on two dresses, heels, belt, wristlet, overnight bag, and boots.

Thursday I made plans to go out with a group of friends for really trashy drinks, then downtown to a classy rooftop bar. That was the plan, but didn't quite end that way. Half the guest list didn't show, including my mr. He ate some bad chicken and it "revisited" him after work, so I let him sit this one out.

Me, my couple friends Michelle and Cade, my bfgs Boomer, Chris and Joey, my pretty lady friend Latricia and my awesome friend Kyle (who was also assigned the dd job) went to dinner and drinks at Baby Acapulcos. Fare food, great company and everclear margaritas was a recipe for a good time. Dinner was followed by dancing at Rain. Ugh, I'm no longer allowed to consume alcohol like that, and I have absolutely no problem with that. It was a great night, but took an entire day to recover. That's how I know I'm getting old.

The best part of the week was this weekend. Phil and I had the weekend off and took an overnight trip to San Antonio. Friday afternoon we headed south to SA. We made what was suppose to be a short detour in San Marcos at the outlet mall. We were just going to get the mr a pair of jeans, but it turned into 3 hours of shopping and perusing. He got me a few items of my choosing, but the funny part was that he ended up buying more for himself. It was his first visit to an outlet mall so I think he was caught off guard at how inexpensive things were.

When we finally got to SA, we checked into our hotel and lounged around for awhile. We both didn't realize how hungry we got from shopping and made a mad dash toward the Riverwalk for a taste of downtown. I'm still not entirely sure what was taking place this weekend, but every restaurant we went to on the Riverwalk was packed. A few places stopped taking names because they were so busy. We finally found a mexican restaurant (Rio, Rio) to grub at. Of course we ordered queso and margaritas. The food wasn't bad, but terribly over priced. We payed for the view though, and it was a lovely one. We were both so tired from the day we went back to the hotel after dinner and fell asleep watching The Wolfman.

Today was such a lovely, fun filled day. We had breakfast at the hotel, and I remembered how much I enjoy oatmeal. Mmm. Check out was at 12, so by noon we were making our way to the Alamo. Once we made our way through the crazy crowd downtown, we found out that March 6th was the last day of battle at the Alamo, and to celebrate there was a recreation of some of the battle that went on that day.

After we remembered the Alamo we walked around downtown San Antonio for a couple of hours, passing by the Majestic, Ripley's believe it or not, Tussaurd wax museum, and had lunch in la Villita. Once we had food in our bellies we made our way to the SA Zoo. The zoo is ranked one of the best in the nation. It was huge, too! There were over 3,500 animals to look at. The mr and I are partial to big cats, and favored the Africa animal exhibit. They used every inch of space to put animals in. We saw everything from green mamba snakes, to hippos, to bald eagles. I always enjoy looking at the beautiful animals that God's created. Though it makes me sad that the animals' lives in captivity are a little less glamorous than in the wild, they're safer and well fed.

We ended up closing the zoo down. It was a great time, and would for sure go back to revisit the next time we're in SA.

As fun as San Antonio was, it felt really good to get home and lay in my own bed, and love on my own big cats. I had a grand and over the top last week. I think I did a great job at merging into being 27. Now, all I want to do on my birthday tomorrow is have pizza and a glass of wine. That sounds like a good time to me.
Love and light.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment