Sunday, June 5, 2011

Project 334: May wrap up

Yikes! I feel like I've slacked off on blogging this past week. It's been kind of a nonstop week. As you know, my family came to Austin to visit, and although that might seem like a relaxing time, I didn't get a moments rest.

My parents got here on Saturday the 21st. After their nine hour drive, the only thing they wanted to do was eat. I'd told them about the Salt Lick in Driftwood. It's a restaurant that's known for their giant pits of meat. So of course they wanted to go. Luckily, they had a veggie plate, so I went willingly. We all enjoyed a cup of the tastiest lemonade I've ever had while we waited. It made the hour wait quite tasty.

My sister had to head back home on Sunday. Before she left we all got up early to go to the Renegade Craft Fair. My sister and I went last year, and we've been very much looking forward to this year's. It's not your typical craft fair either. They sold everything from minty soap, to sugar skull art work to fancy hat headbands to snazzy mustaches. The venders were a perfect example of how awesome craft making is.

My mom and stepdad made a business trip to Houston. They left early Monday morning. So for the first time in 5 days, I had some time to unwind when I got home from work. I spent the evening watching the Mavericks with the mr. I'm not a fan of sports, but this game was awesome!


Mom and Max came back to Austin on the 24th. They were tired from driving, and I was tired from work, so we had a relaxing night in. We watched Shutter Island on Netflix and mom and I had a glass of wine. Much needed!

Wednesday was my day off, and we all slept in a bit. For lunch, we went to Max's favorite Austin restaurant, Threadgills. It's a must every time they come visit. We stopped off at the mall afterwards to find me some shoes for Phil's brother's wedding. I bought the most beautiful pair of shoes I now own (more to come on that).

Thursday the 26th was mom's and Max's last day in Austin. They spent the day walking around the capital and getting lost downtown. By the time I got done with work at 10, they were pooped. We sat around watching Nancy Grace (mom's favorite show). By this time, Reni had finally warmed up to having them here, and she showed her love to mom by draping herself on her.

Friday was my first night alone in who knows how long. Phil left to Houston for his brother's bachelor party and mom and Max left early that morning. It was really nice to have some quiet time. I took it as an opportunity to try on my outfit for the wedding. I spent the evening walking around the apartment in my new Jessica Simpson heels. I wanted to break them in (and I am kind of in love with them).

It was an awesome, nonstop week. I love having family visit. May has shown to be my favorite month so far. Can't wait to see what June brings.

Love and light.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment