Monday, June 6, 2011

The Litzler Wedding

As much as I carry on about wedding, and as much as I love them, I've never actually attended a wedding. I was once asked to be in a wedding, but the ceremony was canceled and turned into a small family gathering that I didn't go to.

When I found out Phil's brother was getting married, I was so excited to finally attend a wedding. John and Stefanie had their wedding on the 29th (Memorial weekend). Unfortunately, Phil is horrible with early planning, and I wasn't able to request the whole weekend off from work. But where there's a will, there's a way.

I was able to leave work a couple hours early and drove like a crazed woman to Katy, Texas. A drive that mapquest said would take two hours and fourty-five minutes, I took in two hours. I was anxious to be a part of the celebration. I'd missed the rehearsal lunch (where I was supposed to have a spot at the wedding party table), and I refused to miss the dinner.

I got there just in time and enjoyed a lovely dinner with Phil's whole family--who are just the sweetest people ever. After dinner, the mr and I went to play games with the wedding party. We watched a game of "four on the couch" and partook in a game called "mafia," which I totally kicked butt at, and will now be forever known as "the mafia" with that group of people.

The wedding wasn't until 7:30 Sunday evening. I got to go to church and hangout with my dad and Donna for the day. Getting ready for the wedding took a little longer than I'd thought it would. I curled my hair in pretty little curls which took an hour. Once again, I had to haul butt to the wedding venue. I made it just in time to take our seats. I sat with Phil's aunts. I was so excited because this was the first time I got to see Phil in a suit too. He was the best man so he was busy doing all the duties that go along with his role.

Their wedding was the best first wedding ever. The ceremony was outside (the only down side was it was kind of windy and somewhat humid, and my hair was flat by the time they said their I do's), with a pretty pond with a fountain behind them. There were also longhorns roaming in fenced in areas--very appropriate for the alumni they are. Their wedding parties were pretty large, and all of them were such awesome people who knew and loved them.

Now typically I cry while watching wedding shows on tv. So guess how hard it was to try and hold back the tears for this wedding. Of course I cried! The excitement from these two beautiful people declaring their love for each other was too much.

A lot of post-I do photos were taken. And I loved the fact that I was included in the "family" photo. I felt special, and like every girl in my position look forward to the day I get popped the question.

The dinner reception was lovely. My mr gave a speech that brought many to tears--I was so proud of him. John's and Steph's first dance as a married couple was super adorable. It was to a Michael Buble song, and Steph choreographed it since John's not the best dancer apparently. I was brought to tears during the father/daughter dance and the mother/son dance. Those were beautiful moments that I was honored to share in.

Sadly, I didn't get a chance to dance with Phil all night. The reception was pretty short, and he spent most of it decorating John's car. I did however get to dance with my new friend, Jeannie. She's the fiance of one of Phil's long time friends, and excitingly enough, the next wedding I get to attend!

The cake was awesome! Since they both graduated from university of Texas, they chose the UT tower as their cake design. I watch tons of wedding cake shows and have always wanted to see one of these masterpiece in real life. Their cake was the perfect example. There was great detail and smelled and tasted delicious.

I wish the night didn't have to end. But it was wrapped up quite lovely, with a giant firework display, that lasted longer than most expected. We all sent off the bride and groom with bell ringing (A new concept to me. I like the old fashion rice throwing personally). After that point, I finally got a chance to be cute and loving with my mr. Weddings bring that side out of a girl. We took a few pictures before the night ended.

Though my feet were sore from wearing heels all night, I refused to take them off. I don't remember the last time I had gotten so many kind compliments about an outfit. Apparently it was a hit--even though my hair was a wreck from the humidity.

I worked the next morning, and had to make the long ride home at midnight. I had a splendid time, and though I only ended up getting five hours of sleep, it was all well worth it.

I can't wait for my next wedding, or better yet, for mine. One day...until then I'm just glad I got to go to this one.

Love and light.
Adrienne

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post! And your outfit looks great! We were so sad to have to miss the wedding :( but glad that we have gotten to hear stories from everyone and look at all of the wonderful photos everyone took... So special :)

    ReplyDelete