Saturday, June 25, 2011

Kinda, sorta good week in June

The third week of June started off active, but ended very lazily. Here's a look at my Project 334.

On Saturday the 11th, my pretty little friend Jesse came to Austin for a sleep over weekend. She got to town when I got done with work. We caught up for an hour, and she somehow convinced me to go to the gym. We worked out for an hour. For dinner, I made a delicious veggie stir fry that was apparently too spicy for Jesse--lightweight.

Sunday the 12th was an active day. Jesse and I were entertained by her friends, William and Tracy. William is a super active guy, and insisted we go hiking to Barton Springs. After the mile and a half hike there (in flip flops), the super cold water felt wonderful. We relaxed for an hour then made the trek back. We had dinner downtown, but by 8pm we were all too tired to do anything more. I slept like a baby that night.

All I wanted to do after work on Monday the 13th, was relax and unwind. Somewhat sore from my excursions the day before, I curled up on the couch with a tasty salad and enjoyed my new favorite show: the Bachelorette.

Tuesday was a super long day. My day started at 7am, and I went nonstop till about 8pm. After work, I relaxed with a little blogging. It always makes me feel good. On top of the blogging to relax, it poured rain ALL night long. The mr and I opened up all the windows and fell asleep to the sound of rain.

By Wednesday the 15th, I had no energy or desire to do much at all. It was my day off, and all I wanted to do was be lazy. I think everyone needs one of those days every once in awhile (at least that's what I told myself). The cats were the best companion for this kind of day. Reni made herself a little "nest" to relax in.

Thank goodness I relaxed all day on Wednesday because Thursday the 16th kicked my butt. Work was stressful. Too much to do, and not enough time or people to help out. The best part of my day was the drive home. It may or may not have been a full moon--it sure looked like one. It made the ride soothing.

Friday the 17th was another busy day at work. Kept me going till almost 11pm. Too late to have dinner. Vanilla almond cereal hit the spot though. Hands down the best cereal, btw, and comforting after the long day.

Like I told you, this week started off adventurous, but ended stressfully and with no excitement. Sorry for the lameness guys. Hopefully, the last couple weeks of June will be more exciting. Fingers crossed!

Love and light.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment