Sunday, July 10, 2011

What I ate


Perhaps it's a little cliche, but I love to cook, and the more people to cook for, the better. What's also cliche is that I love cooking mexican food--go figure. 
To help me unwind after work the other day, I stopped by the grocery store around 8pm and bought all the fixing for green chile enchiladas. Because we had enough food to share, the mr brought his friends over. While I slaved away in the kitchen, the guys played video games, like they often do. 

I preferred it that way though. I grew up with mom pushing us out of the kitchen. I always loved being able to smell the food cook and not being able to see it. It made the meal even more delicious. 

Since the guys love meat, I made two dishes. They had beef and chicken enchiladas, and I made myself faux meat and spinach enchiladas. 

I definitely had more than enough for leftovers for the next few days. They were oh so tasty and a big hit with the guys. Their dishes with complimented with refried beans and corn on the cob (corn was random, but was quoted to be one of the guys' favorite part of the meal--he doesn't know tasty).

Hope I made some mouths water, or at least crave enchiladas.

Love and light.
Adrienne

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it's not my fault you're an expert at...cooking(?) corn!

    ReplyDelete