Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Project 334: July week 3

July is still super rocking. Friends and food have been the basis of this week--well I guess they always are, but this week more than normal.

Don't laugh, but I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. The mr got us tickets to the 12am premiere show of the last movie. Since I never dressed up during any of the other movies, I had to do something for this one. Since I closed the store on Thursday, I didn't have any time to prep a costume. The best I could come up with was the infamous lightning bolt. I sported well.

Saturday the 16th was a looong, awesome day. I finished Friday's close at 1am Saturday and had to start my Saturday work day at 8am. Insanely busy day with a DM visit, but I rocked it. Right after work I met up with Jesse and we drove to San Antonio for a Jack's Mannequin concert. AWESOME show, but both of us were exhausted by the end of the night. Worth it!

Sunday the 17th was everything I needed in a day off. I finally caught up on sleep--slept 13 hours, spent lazy time with my mr, and made a delicious dinner. Asparagus, broccoli, meat-less beef fillets, brown rice and egg. TASTY!

I was still really worn out on Monday. After work, Phil and I shared a tasty bottle of wine and watched some Netflix. For some reason at 11pm, it sounded like a good idea to go to Sonic and indulge. And it was a good idea! I got a Reese's blast--ate it all up within the 10 minute drive home.

Tuesday the 19th was a lovely day. The mr and I cleaned Tibbers' tank before I went into work. When I got home that night, he was swimming all over the place, climbing on rocks and being happy. I watched him for a long time, and when he finally realized I was watching him, he stopped and gave me this look:
Silly turtle.

It was hot as heck on Wednesday, but I didn't let that stop me from enjoying the great outdoors. Every other Wednesday KGRS holds Blues on the Green--a free music series at Zilker Park. I went with my friend, Chris, for the first time and loved it! The grass was soft, the people were friendly, and the music was great. Perfect, until I stepped in dog poo--barefoot.

I had Thursday off too this week! Having two days off in a row felt like a vacation. I gymed it up then made a stop at the store for some tasty veggies. For dinner I indulged in this beast of an avocado.

I loved this week. Routine is great, but doing out of the ordinary things and being outdoors makes me super happy. There's only one more week left in July. I hope yours wraps up nicely.

Love and light.
Adrienne

1 comment:

  1. aww Adrienne. i miss you :[ - John Chaney

    ReplyDelete