Monday, July 11, 2011

July, july, julyyyyy

It's July! I love this month. There's so much to celebrate. Here's a little ditty by the Decemberist that always comes to mind when this time rolls around. It's sung by a sweet voiced little lady, Kristen Korkowski,  who I just found on youtube. Totally dig it!



It's that time of the month, Project 334!

July 1st, Friday, after work I came across the sweetest deal (literally) at the grocery store. 2lbs of blue berries for $4! Oh man, I was in heaven. When I got home, I ate half the carton. Shoulda bought two...

Saturday the 2nd, I opened the store and was on my feet all morning. I used my break to rest my "dogs". Haha, is that the phrase? I walked around and ate lunch outside barefoot. It's liberating and feels so good being shoeless.

I was off on the 3rd, and did the usual routine of sleeping in and gyming. I also installed my Progressive Snapshot tracker in my car. Fingers crossed, I'll get my rates lowered.

Monday was 4th of July, and sadly I had to work, but only till 7pm. I celebrated my freedom with a tasty cookout at our friends' house. We played card games and did a bit of drinking. Sadly, there's a burn ban in Austin, so we couldn't light fireworks. But the celebration was still awesome.

I had a management meeting at 8am on Tuesday. I wasn't rushing to work, but was  going about 10 over the speed limit. For the third time since I've been driving, I was pulled over for speeding. And for the second time, I got a warning. I did, however, end up getting a citation for not having my most recent address on my drivers license. Sucks.

I had Wednesday the 6th off. It was a good day too. I had brunch with my mr and our friends at Kirby Lane, ran some errands, relaxed with some yoga and made a tasty dinner for the mr and friends.

Thursday the 7th was a stressful day. There was a lot going on at work that I wasn't able to finish by the end of the night. On the way home from work, I stopped by the grocery store. Because it was too late to cook, I got a quick dinner and stocked up on a couple bottles of wine. My $12 dinner.

It's been an interesting first week. I've liked it so far. Hope everyone out there is loving their July too.

Love and light.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment