Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Project 334: We're wrapping it up. June 18th-30th.


Saturday the 18th was just another day at work. Nothing exciting, but to make the most of my day, I went to the pool to enjoy the last couple hours of sun. I also took a cup of wine to get the most of the trip. Great way to end a day.


I had Sunday the 19th off. I had a pretty lax day. I finally finished my most recent project. It's a gift to my mr's brother and new sister-in-law. It thought it was super cute, and they both loved it.

All weekend my lower back had been tight and in much pain. The stress from Monday was enough to push me overboard. I made a few financial adjustments, and was able to afford an hour long massage at Milk and Honey. I love being pampered, and the massage was everything I needed to relax and unwind. It definitely relieved the pain in my back too.

The 21st was a long day. I was up and moving since 7am. Work has kind of been taking a toll on me. I felt like being "bad" after work. Homemade vanilla by Blue Bell ice cream helped contribute to my bad behavior. Darn you Blue Bell for being so delicious!

Wednesday the 22nd was a day of pampering. I had to stop by my store in the morning, and ended up making a detour to Bath and Body. They had too good of a deal to pass up. I left the store with two of each C.O. Bigelow face products. I had to stock up! Followed that with some hot yoga and a steam room visit--makes for a good day.

Nothing special about the 23rd. Sadly, the best part of the day was the sweet little surprise of finding Reni on the top shelf of the closet while I was getting ready for work. She's so cute it's disgusting.

I haven't had such an awesome start to a day as I did on Friday. I woke up feeling rested and in an awesome mood. I got ready with enough time to make a healthy breakfast, and as I was leaving the apartment, everything around me seemed so beautiful and vibrant. The sky was blue, birds were singing, sounds cliche, but it was true and nice to notice.

Saturday was a busy day at work, as always. On my break, I went to Barnes and Noble to do some reading. I was flipping through the magazine Real Simple and came across the cute and true quote--"I don't think any day is worth living without thinking about what you're going to eat next at all times." It made my day to know someone else loves food as much as I do.

I ended up having to work Sunday the 26th. I was off by 7pm though and came home to cook the Mr and our buddies a delicious dinner--because I'm awesome like that. After they left, I was somewhat productive with the start of my newest project. Here's a preview of what's to come.

The cool part about working Sunday was that I got Monday and Tuesday off. I spent most of Monday sleeping. I had a migraine that wouldn't go away. I woke up to what looked like Madison wasted in a box of beer from the night before. Where there's a box, there's a Madi.

Tuesday I held management meeting at 8am, but had the rest of the day to do as I pleased. As you may have read already, I used it to do a selfless act. I cut off 10 inches of my luscious locks to donate. It was hard getting used to the lack of hair, but worth the cause.

After two days off, it was hard getting back into the groove of work. It was a rough day that started at 8am, and when I got home all I wanted to do was eat. I made a giant tuna, avocado, tomato, spinach and sunflower seed sandwich. So tasty!

Thursday the 30th was another rough day that started at 7am. The best part about going into work early is getting out early. After work, I relaxed with some reading. I finally took advantage of the study room and set up a comfy little corner. More sunlight comes through those windows than in the living room. I already read through half a book.

So there you have it, June is over, and we're well into July. Had to make this wrap up as quick and short as possible. Hope you enjoyed your own month of June. I have freedom celebrations, the sister's birthday, a concert, and my 3 year celebration to look forward to in July. Photos to come!

Love and light.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment