Saturday, September 11, 2010

Weekend in Waxa.

I got super lucky this week and got the weekend off--something that never happens in my business! I was given a comp day at work because of Labor day. It was supposed to be taken on Wednesday, but because my store is understaffed on managers I got to take it on Saturday. Whoop whoop! So, with my extra day off I decided to visit my little sis in Waxahachi, Tx.
She goes to Southwestern Assembly of God University (SAGU). This is her first year to have her own dorm, and I wanted to check out her alone space. 

When I got here, we went straight to Target--not because it's a small town and there's nothing much to do here, but because Target is always a good time. We played with masks, looked at frames and baby clothes, and got some food for dinner. 

I bought pretty organic cotton sheets. I'm in the process of moving to a new apartment, and a new apartment needs new sheets. 

After Target, we came back to the dorm and ate Morningside buffalo wings and watched Amazing Cakes on TV. Our quality time was cut short because she had tickets to the Rangers/Yankee game in Dallas with her bf. Yeah, she left me, but alone time is always nice. 

First thing I did was nap. When I woke up I had some delicious Ben & Jerry's ice cream and am currently watching the Family Stone. I've got a long, lonely night ahead of me. Melisa's not coming back till after midnight. I miss my cats and my bf, but it's nice to get away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment