Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rainy day

Yesterday was a crazy day.

I had a meeting at 8am with my new management team. The meeting went well. We're all excited because it's mid-year review time, which means raises time. We also have a busy month ahead of us: inventory, management training day, and tons of recruiting that needs to take place. We all seemed to work together nicely, and I'm excited to see what we're able to do as a team.

After the meeting, I went to the gym to do some yoga--the best way to start a day. I had planned to make it to two classes, but ended up only making 45 minutes of one. I was able to to fit in some steam room time before I had to get ready for work though.

The best and worst part of the day was that there was a monsoon of a storm taking place. It was awesome to watch from inside, but my store is in an outdoors mall. Not only was it insanely slow at work (we did $300 in sales all day), but we got four leaks through out the store.

We made the most of the day by catching up on paperwork and fixing store standard. No one wanted to leave the store for lunch breaks though, so we relaxed in the ever so comfortable couches in the store.

Today was our manager in training's first day. We're speeding up her training processes because we're down a manager. I was super pleased with her swiftness in picking things up. 

After we closed the store and sent the associates home, we went over the closing procedures. All was going smoothly until we heard a steady flow up water. Yup, the ceiling tile cracked and was letting in all the rain that had puddled up from a hole in the rooftop. Eventually, it collapsed, followed shortly by the tile next to it. The store is now trashcan-less, they're all too busy holding rain water. 

It was an exciting event though, especially the drive home. I live about 15 minutes from work, but last night it took 30ish minutes to get home. It was kind of scary because the rain was so constant. Cars were pulled over the side of the road waiting for a break in the rain. I was in awe the whole way home. When it storms, I feel like a kid for some reason. I could stare out the window for hours. I waited til I got home to enjoy it though. 

The Mr. was at my place when I got there. The cats were both bundled up in little balls. We were all hungry, so I gave the girls some wet food (their favorite) and made us a giant sandwich (since I didn't get a chance to break at work). It was delish! Morningstar came out with a new 1/4lb burger patty. So I had to pile on the condiments to truly enjoy it. Anyone could chow down on it and not even know it wasn't meat. Mmmm.

I was pooped from such a long day, and knowing I had the next day off helped me sleep even better. I love eventful days.


No comments:

Post a Comment