Sunday, January 22, 2012

Oh January, you exhaust me

This month has taken a lot out of me. Sorry for the lack of blogging. That's how it was last year though; my Project 365 turned into a Project 334 because of it. No worries, I'm pretty sure I'm back in my groove.

So, here's what you've missed this month:

1. I dog-sat for one of my assistants. Miguel is my little man! The mr and I completely fell in love with this little chihuahua. Not just because he liked to get under the covers when we'd go to bed and spoon with us, or because he got along so well with the kitties, or even because he was SO well behaved...ok actually those are probably why we fell in love with him.

2. I went to visit my little sister for a couple days in Mansfield, Tx. Fingers crossed, she should be getting a job pretty soon and neither of us will have the time to visit the other, so I decided two days off in a row was an opportunity to visit my pretty little lady. I got to be there for her and her mr's first youth service. It was pretty excited to get to see the beginning because I know that their youth group is going to explode in the near future.

3. I finally got my big christmas gift from my mr: a Canon Rebel T3. It's beautiful! It's also intimidating. I haven't used an SLR since my photography classes in college (...sixish years ago). I'm having a blast relearning and playing around with it though. So many photos to come!

4. I've also been trying to keep up with the 'Photo a day challenge" on Instagram. It's pretty much like my Project 334 last year, but there's a topic a day. If you have Instagram you should a) follow me and b) start doing the challenge.

5. I've decided that since becoming a vegetarian, I've become somewhat lazy when it comes to preparing a healthy meal and turned more towards carbs to fill my belly. So as of a few days ago, I've decided that I'm going to turn back to carnivorous ways (to an extent). I'm allowing chicken back into my life to help funnel out the bread and pastas I love so dearly.

6. The biggest news of the month: My store is closing it's doors to business on the 28th. Super sad news. My store is doing so well with business in our area, but compared to the rest of the stores, not so hot. I think the hardest part for me is that I worked so hard for the past year and a half to make the store succeed. I'm still not sure where I'm being transferred to. I'm a little nervous knowing that everything is about to change. The one thing that keeps a smile on my face and finish out this last week with enthusiasm is knowing that God has a plan for me. It's exciting to know that this shaking in my life is happening for a better purpose.

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen, a quick look into my January. Hope everyone's having a good year.

Love and light,
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment