Monday, January 9, 2012

Jesse's 21st bday outing

Saturday was my lovely friend Jesse's 21st birthday. Since I wasn't able to join in her 21-year-old festivities in Killeen, she came to visit me Sunday afternoon for a relaxing celebration in Austin.

After all the times I've brought up how pretty the view is and how tasty the wine is, the one place Jesse really wanted to go to was the Driftwood vineyard. So, I packed up some cheese, crackers and chocolates for a little snack to enjoy with our wine and took the scenic route there. It was a perfect day for the drive, too. The weather was lovely--overcast, so it wasn't too hot and just a slight breeze.

We each got a tasting of five different wines when we got there. Jesse was more fond of the reds and realized she's not a fan of sweet wines at all. After she got a good feel of the wines and some great conversation with our server, we each took a glass of our favorite wine outside to enjoy the day and chat away.

Time past quickly and we'd realized we hadn't had an actual meal that day. I took her to another vineyard just down the way for an italian dinner. The Trattoria Lisina has some incredible dishes. I've been there with my mother a couple times and knew Jesse would love it.

Dinner was delicious and, of course, accompanied with a glass of wine. As hungry as we both were, we were also too tired from all the wine to finish our plates. We took our leftovers homes, but finished the wine.

We came back to my place for some coffee with my mr. We needed a pick me up after all the wine sipping.

Our last stop of the day was to church--a custom I hope we never break when she comes to visit. The service, as always, was incredibly moving. The pastor taught on the importance of praying--something I know I need to do more of.

We finished our day after church. Jesse left around 8:30, and I picked up a redbox to fill up the rest of the night. The mr and I watched The Help. It was really good!

My day was wonderful. It made me thankful for the friends I have in my life, and made me cherish the time I get to spend with them. It was a perfect way to wrap up my first week of the year. If the rest of 2012 looks anything like the week I've had, I'm thinking I'm gonna be one happy lady.

Love and light.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment