Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Wells/Quiroz Wedding & San Antonio vacation

This post is long overdue! 

Two weeks ago, I attended my second wedding of the year (2nd wedding ever, actually). The mr's childhood friend, Ian, and his beautiful fiance/wife, Jeannie had their wedding in San Antonio, Tx. Since the mr's brother was the best man, the whole Litzler family showed up.

Friday
The mr's parents picked us up on the way to SA on Friday. After we checked-in to the Menger Hotel, John and Stef attended the rehearsal dinner, and Phil, his parents and I spent the evening walking around downtown on the Riverwalk. We had apps and dinner at Casa Rio, where our table was right next to the river and got a beautiful view of the downtown area.

Dinner was super filling, but we thought it'd be a good idea to have coffee and dessert. We were all in the mood for tres leches so we made our way to Rio Rio. 

We got our coffee, but it took 30 minutes to get our cake. Management apologized for the wait and ended up giving us four pieces of tres leches for free. Needless to say, we felt like gluttons by the end of the night. It didn't keep us from playing a round of Ticket to Ride in the hotel common area.

Saturday
Since the wedding wasn't until saturday evening, we were able to fit in a visit to the zoo saturday morning! John, Stef, Janie, James, the mr and I sandwiched ourselves into the car and got there shortly after the gates opened. The weather was lovely and there weren't a ton of people. My favorite animals were the okapi and the fossa (Google them because they are both adorable ^_^); I also enjoyed the komodo dragon and the condors. Oh how I love animals!

We left the zoo around noon and filled our tummies with giant burgers from Fuddruckers. Luckily, they do serve veggie burgers, and I got my grub on. 

We still had a few hours to kill after lunch. I spent that time wisely, catching up on sleep. It was a bit difficult to fall asleep from all the excitement of the morning and the excitement yet to come. I got up with more than enough time to get ready. I'm pretty sure I was equally as excited about the wedding as I was about wearing my Michael Kors dress.

The wedding took place in the Menger hotel lobby. It was a beautiful place! Unfortunately, there wasn't a ton of room for seating. Most people stood behind the chairs. We had the awesome idea of watching from the second floor balcony. It was a perfect view.

Yes, I did cry, and I don't know why my mr was so surprised about it, either. It was a beautiful ceremony. They were married by Ian's first pastor, and used Ecc 4:12, "And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him--a threefold cord is not quickly broken," to show the importance of God in their marriage. Loved it.

There was some time between the ceremony and the reception. Ian and Jeannie were busy taking photos with the wedding party. Everyone else snacked on yummy cheese and crackers. I got to meet a bunch of the mr's family friends. All lovely people. It makes me happy knowing he comes from such a loving and Godly background. 

Side note, we were one of the few couples there that were not married. I think I was one of three women that stood up to catch the bouquet--which would've been mine had the brides 14-year-old sister not jumped in front of me. 

The reception was lovely. I'm a sucker for the first dance. Definitely cried again. It's always cute seeing the mother/son dance too. I think it shows what kind of husband the man will be. There was a lot of dancing that took place. Still never got the opportunity to dance with the mr. He waited patiently for a slow song to come on, but it never happened. I did dance with the groom though, during the dollar dance. 

Ian and Jeannie are such a cute couple. I'd met both of them during Phil's brother's wedding, and they both treated me like I'd known them all my life. Beautiful people like that deserve a beautiful life together. I wish them the best for their future.

Sunday
We were pretty worn out from the night's festivities. We didn't get to bed until about 2am. But we were all up and ready to check out by 9am. Our last stop of the trip was at Lulu's. 

Lulu's was featured on Man vs Food for their giant chicken fried steak and their 3lb cinnamon roll (the reason for our visit). This adventure was a topic of conversation all weekend. The six of us were going to attempt to eat the whole thing. We all went in with gusto, each thinking we could actually complete the mission. 

I impressed the mr's family with the amount of food I can eat, and they were glad to have me on their team, but by the time we were serving our third helping, we all knew we were sadly defeated. Our eyes were definitely bigger than our stomaches. 

Love and light.
Adrienne






1 comment: