Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Relaxing Day

Today was a beautiful day--the weather, the events, just generally all around awesome.

I got to sleep in, it's what I do best on my days off. For breakfast, the mr brought pancake mix over, and we made Star Wars shaped pancakes for breakfast. Turns out he loved the valentines gift I got him. By the second batch of pancakes they were looking professional. Yoda, Vader and the storm trooper were delicious.

It was much needed alone time. While we ate, we watched some animal hoarding and laid with the cats for a few hours. The doors and windows were open and a cool breeze was coming in. Much too perfect.

After lounging, we took a beautiful drive to the Driftwood Vineyard. We're members at the vineyard and had some wine to pick up. We couldn't have picked a better day to do so. The vineyard had a few new wines, so we had to do some tasting. We ended up sharing a bottle of orange muscat and I had brought some cheese and crackers to snack on.

I ended the evening with some Desperate Housewives. I couldn't help but be thankful for all the wonderful little blessings I was given.

1 comment: