Sunday, February 13, 2011

I went shopping

After working a seven day stretch, I was rewarded with a three day weekend. It was totally worth the hard work! And I couldn't think of a better way to spend my mini vacation than to visit my family in Houston. I hadn't been home since summer last year and hadn't seen my family since christmas, so I was super excited.

My dad got back from Australia the night before and was a bit jet lagged, so we spent Friday night being lazy and watching tv. Dad, Donna and I had dinner and a couple glasses of wine by the fire place. I ended the night watching a couple episodes of Desperate Housewives (my new obsession). What a relaxing night.

Today was a pretty sweet day. I slept in--and as you know, I love sleeping in. When I finally woke up, we had brunch and watched Red, with Bruce Willis. It was a really good movie by the way, definitely watch it.

For our first outing of the day, we went to Todai for all you can eat sushi. It was a late lunch, early dinner, and we definitely had all we could eat. 

Everyone knows the best way to work off a large meal is shopping. So we headed to the Galleria, the best place to do such a thing. First stop was Urban Outfitters. I spotted a super cute grey pleated pencil skirt. Had to have it. So I bought it. Dad ended up buying a Chuck Norris-ism book (he's too cool--dad, not Chuck)

Next stop was Fossil. I've had my eye on a Fossil watch for awhile now. They're so beautiful and big! But I wasn't sure if I would get it for my bday, and the one in Austin is closed, so I planned on getting it for myself to save anyone the trouble of ordering online. Dad and Donna had a different plan though. They both found a snazzy watch they couldn't live with out, and thought I should have one too! They bought me my (early) birthday present, and it's amazing! I may sleep with it on tonight cause I don't want to take it off.

I can never leave that mall without stopping by Gilly Hicks for some pretty unmentionables. I typically spend more than I plan there, but this time, it was an inexpensive trip, and I left with some lovely items.

Out last stop for the night was to Sonoma Williams. Donna needed to exchange a pot she got. Whilst perusing the store, I came across an adorable valentines gift for Phillip. He's kind of a Star Wars fan (not a crazy obsessed fan, he just owned all the toys and space ships as a kid), and he loves making breakfast. So, perfect gift idea: Yoda, Darth Vader and storm trooper pancake cutters and a Darth Vader spatula. I'm such an awesome girlfriend and a smooth thinker. Getting the bf breakfast making item will ensure he will be making me some breakfast in the near future. Win win.


Love and light
Adrienne.


No comments:

Post a Comment