Thursday, May 3, 2012

Being Spontaneous

Last weekend I went to Houston to visit my parents. Seeing them always brings great joy to my life. So, yes, it was a lovely trip.


My dad sent me home early on Sunday, so I could drive home with enough daylight. During the three hour drive home, I kept passing field after field of bright, beautiful flowers. Every time a field would pass, I'd regret not stopping.


Since I moved to Texas, I've always wanted to take photos in, with or around the many fields of flowers that sprout up along the sides of the highway.


It took me two hours to finally get the courage to "stop and smell the flowers." I pulled over at a lookout point in Kirtly, Texas. It was a lovely view of the green, hilly valley below, but I wanted more. I found a path that led down through the woods. I was in heels, but I was ready for an adventure!


It was a short but steep walk down, but so worth the trek. Not only did I find a pretty little field of yellow flowers, there were fireflies lighting up all around me!! I hadn't seen fireflies in ages!


It was a wonderful experience and couldn't help but smile the rest of the way home. It was fun finding a little hideaway that no one else got to experience. I'm now adding spontaneity to my daily life.

Love and light.
Adrienne


No comments:

Post a Comment