Sunday, February 19, 2012

To new beginnings

The past few weeks have been a crazy roller-coaster of emotions: my store closed, I was moved to a different store 30 minutes away, the new store taught me so much about myself, I went through a long interview process with Target, I was offered the job, I put my two weeks in, was told I didn't need to finish my two weeks, and now I'm left with what I'm calling "my two week vacation" before my next big step in life.

Kind of hectic, but I'm a firm believer in that all things happen for a reason. Had my store not closed, I would've continued in a place, I know now, wasn't helping me grow. I was bitter at first when I got moved to a store so far from where I live, but the people at this store reminded me why I love what I do and restored my passion for it. And yes, being told to leave my job before I finish out my two weeks, felt like a slap in the face, but God knew I would be more productive in life by leaving early.

I spent the first few hours with tears in my eyes, then came that epiphany that all is well. An hour later, my mr picked me up and took me on a movie date.

Yesterday was my first full day "jobless." I'd never had a more productive day. I managed to sleep in, make an awesome breakfast/brunch, cleaned my entire apartment (e.g. bathroom scrubbing, all laundry getting done, dusting, dishes, sweeping, mopping and windows), went to Hobby Lobby for some crafting necessities, bought several weeks worth of groceries, made dinner and wrapped up the night with wine and a movie with the mr.

After such a long eventful day, I still somehow managed to wake up at 6am this morning feeling refreshed and ready to take on this new day. I've already finished folding the last bit of laundry from yesterday, made a healthy breakfast of yogurt and fruit, sent off a few emails, joined Pinster, downloaded photos from Henrietta (my camera) and wrote my first blog in two weeks...and it's only 9am. I'm so excited for what the rest of my day will bring!

Love and light.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment