Saturday, February 4, 2012

Goodbye Hill Country

I've spent the past five days working on the transferring-out of items, destruction and gutting of my store after I worked for a year and a half to get it to where it was. My beautiful little store closed for business on the 28th, and a handful of associates and I spent this week sending the inventory to other stores.
It was a fun week of work, mainly because we could wear whatever we wanted, listen to our own music and not have to worry about customers. It was a good way to say goodbye.
I was super surprised at how quick the demolition went. The front of the store was gone within hours the first night we closed. We spent day two transferring out a huge mound of clothes that all had to be desensored. 
The front two rooms became one giant white room in about a day. I'd never seen the store look so bright! My team worked at a quick, steady pace with the removal of the clothes. We had over 300 boxes by day four.
Day five was officially the last day of transfers. By that time, all closets were gone, miscellaneous items were thrown out or moved to another store, and the destruction was moving along quickly.
I think day six was the hardest for me. It was just me there to supervise and sign paperwork as different companies came to pick up computers, phones and furniture. It was a long day and my seventh day in a row of work. I was ready for a break.

Friday was my first day off in a week. It was much needed and, I think, well deserved. I ran errands in the morning, and all I wanted to do when I got done was vegetate. The Mr and I made a pizza and shared a bottle of wine for a late lunch, we watched Apollo 18 and Courageous, and I made a tasty dinner with stuff jalapenos for appetizers. We ended our night with me watching the Mr play the new Final Fantasy game. He did a good job at filling me in on the story line. He's cute when he shows his nerdy side.

Love and light.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment