Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mama Time!

My mama came to visit me last week, and we had a lovely time together. I hadn't seen her since her last visit in May, which doesn't seem like that long when you're like us, and talk everyday. If you're a Mexican daughter you might know what I'm talking about. Mexi mamas like to worry...

Back to the visit.

Mama and Max got to Austin Tuesday night. After their nine hour drive, all they wanted to do was rest. They came baring gifts: a 6.5 lb block of cheese, pecan pie, and hatch green chili. I don't know if you know this, but I like food!

Wednesday
I had Wednesday off, so we all slept in. Mama and I made a quick stop at the grocery store for some breakfast eats. Afterwards, we indulged in a lovely mani/pedi at the salon down the street and grabbed a quick bite to eat at the Fire Bowl.

We picked up Max after his business conference and the three of us spent a good hour or so perusing the isles of Whole Foods. We bought tasty cheese, olives, bread and red wine--the fixings for a good time.

It was such a gorgeous day, we ended up walking around downtown a bit. Mom and I went into Anthropology where I got her excited about over price yet beautiful clothes, while Max walked around Book People. We wrapped up the night with our usual dinner spot Threadgill's (Max's favorite place to eat in Austin).

Thursday
I was up at 5am on Thursday for work. Our christmas season is in full swing, and I was in charge of setting out new items. It was a rough day, but getting to come home to a clean apartment with my mama there was a relief. She, the mr and I ate cheese and olives as we drank wine.

The mr and I had a concert to go to that evening at Emo's newest location. The night was awesome! Not only did the show rock our socks off, The Rangers won their second (I think) game of the World Series that night.

Friday & Saturday
I didn't get much of an opportunity to hangout with my mother on Friday. I slept as long as I could before work. It was another super long day and ended up working way too late. Headed home, I was pulled over for speeding. Really not the way I wanted to wrap up my week.

But I did come home to a glass of wine and a home-made dinner by my mama. It made me appreciate the little things.

Saturday was uneventful. I worked at 9am and my parents went to visit my sister in Waxahachie for the day. The mr and I relaxed at home and caught up on our missed shows.

Sunday
My favorite day of mama's visit was Sunday. She and I had a girly day. We made tasty tilapia for lunch for us and the guys, then headed to Driftwood Vineyards for a wine tasting and a glass of Longhorn Red to relax.

After the peaceful, scenic drive back, we went to the movies to watch Footloose. It was a cute movie! It made me really wish that people in real life would dance more in their day to day life. We came home to the guys watching the World Series.

For dinner, mama made amazing red chili enchiladas with eggs. It was too good!

They left monday morning after I left for work. It was so wonderful having my mama here. It's always a good time when she visits.

Love and light.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment