Sunday, August 17, 2014

A Little Reminder to Let Go and Let God

I've been feeling a little discouraged lately--not sure what's next in my life, missing India and the people. I was on fire for so long, and now that I'm back, the things I do, the job I work, makes me feel like I'm wasting my time.

I've made it a point to speak up about the amazing things God did and showed me in India. I know that at least by sharing my experiences, I can be the salt in the strangers' lives I come across at work. But I still feel like there's more I should be doing.

This morning I woke up early to take Miguel for a walk (I'm dog sitting). It's 8am on a Sunday so I walk out in my pjs thinking no one will see me. As we are about to head inside, a beautiful Indian woman walks out in her pjs and shouts "good morning!" to me. I replied quickly and tried to get Miguel to head up stairs, but stopped myself.

I introduced myself and she just started telling me her whole story. She and her husband just moved to Austin, they're fairly new to the US, miss their family, but they visit every other year. I assured her that she moved to the perfect place in Austin and that I am unfortunately moving from the complex next month.

"You must come over before you leave. Do you like Indian food?" I laughed and told her I had just gotten back from India. She lit up so bright. I told her why and how much I had loved being there. She asked "aren't the people so amazing?!" I laughed again and told her I was in love with everyone I met.

I have a feeling she and I are going to become great friends.

Thank you, God, for reminding me that India will be in my life somehow--it doesn't have to mean me being there. I will be patient and let go of the reigns.

Love and light.
Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment