Saturday, October 2, 2010

All moved in

I finally got all my belongings to my new apartment! The sad part is, everything is randomly thrown wherever it would fit. There are two tables in the living room, a dinning room chair in the bedroom, and clothes in the study. The bathroom is the closest to being in order. I haven't had a day off since I moved everything. I spent my last day off cleaning the old apartment. It took 5 hours to clean the entire place. That included scrubbing toilets/tubs, vacuuming, refrigerator cleaning, and patio sweeping/scrubbing. I was soar the next couple of days, but I made that place shine. Mama would be proud.

 So, I haven't had a chance to organize the new place. The upside is I have tomorrow off! I want to go to Ikea sooooo bad! But trips to Ikea should be taken with someone else, mainly because it's at least a two hour trek through the store, and that's if you walk straight through. Unfortunately, the few people I'd want to join me in this excursion are working. I may have to venture on my own, since I can't wait another week. Crazy thought: I wish I could take my cats with me! I'm sure they could find the best fit for the apartment. I only say this because of this video my sister sent me. It's a must watch.

As far as tonight goes, I'm taking it easy. I just finished watching Ponyo on netflix. Cute movie. Really out there, but japanamations can be pretty entertaining. Not to mention Liam Neeson is the voice of one of the characters. His voice is soothing. I also got to indulge in a candle lit dinner (solo). I ordered sweet and sour tofu. Any time I get to eat with chopsticks, it makes the food that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment