Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bested by fried food

Last night Phil and I had plans to watch the new Harry Potter movie. I'm a huge fan of the books and movies, and I'm dying to see it, but our plans were put off last night when one of Phil's friends needed his editing skills for a paper. The editing lasted until 10pm. Not only was I sad that I missed the movie, but I was also grumpy from lack of food in my belly. Phil picked up on that quick, and we bolted to Cheddar's, which is one of the closest restaurants to us. Our friend Kyle joined us.

I'd never been there and they didn't have much of a vegetarian friendly menu, but by suggestion from our server we started with fried onion rings. It came out as a mountain, and they were definitely tasty. I ordered fish tacos with fries--on the occasions that we eat out with no vegetarian meals, I opt for fish. And, if you really knew me, you'd know that I love french fries.  It's the only thing that I eat that's fried--and that's not very often.

We tore apart the mountain of rings, and I went to town on the fries. Huge mistake. My stomach was not built for that much oil. bleh! We got home and I quickly past out on the couch while watching a ridiculously adorable show on cute cats--that's how I knew I was bested by fried food.

Till next time!

1 comment: